Blogging for Money is Not Easy
Many people plan to start a blog only to earn money. Though you can monetize your blog you just can’t make that your first priority. Blogging has a specific purpose to it. Blogging for money does not mean you sign up with a dozen ad agencies and link sharing programs. Blogging involves interacting with other people, knowing their point of view and provide a lighter and more casual approach to learning something.If your blog is not rich in content, know for sure that no matter how hard you work to get more money, you will fail.
Things you should keep in mind while you are ‘Blogging for Money’ :
1. Never participate in paid linking services or link sharing services. Genuine sharing of links are okay as long as you don’t overdo it. A mutual sharing certainly benefits everyone. Google’s new updates are going to penalize your site severely otherwise.
2. Avoid hyperlink based ads as far as possible. They are plain irritating. If you hover those links, popups appear. And they just suck. We hate them. Avoid those.
3. Keeps ads less and write posts more. We will come to your website not to watch cool advertisements but to read what you have to share. So share something worthwhile. If in a page advertisements cover more than half you will have a poor bounce ratio.
4. Try to keep a tab on the type of advertisements being posted. Most advertising agencies will give you an option to chose on-topic ads. You don’t want viagra ads in the middle of a post that tells you how to make education more interesting for kids.
5. Above all remember that you need to build a steady flow of traffic. To maintain the traffic you need to write well. Advertisements and affiliate earning come later.
Hope you get your priorities right. I have seen many people sign up for blogging just to earn money. Naturally they don’t end up doing anything substantial and lose interest. Then they just give up blogging. If you focus on doing something great on your blog, monetizing it becomes easy. Content is king.
You might want to go ahead with blogging for money and I would point you to this article.