Build High Quality Backlinks – The Ultimate Guide
We know what backlinks are. We also know they are very important. But how do we build high quality backlinks in a natural way? That is without engaging in paid link-building schemes. Yes it can be done over time and your Pagerank will improve over time.
A word of caution : Only focus on building organic backlinks.
Why should I get High Quality Backlinks?
High Quality Backlinks are great because they directly boost your Pagerank. Say for example a site with PageRank or PR 6 links back to your blog. In the Internet world, this counts as a vote by the PR 6 site to you. It’s like saying, “Hey this guy/gal has got great content! Might as well check it out!”. Naturally Google and other search engines place a lot of emphasis on this factor. So you are better of building backlinks.
Should I build backlinks? I mean others do that, right?
Technically yes, but in some cases you can. Also you can engage your readers well enough so that they would naturally want to link back to you. There are many good ways you can do that.
Black or Grey Hat SEO DOES NOT work
Yes, read that again. If you want to cheat the system and get away with it, you won’t succeed in the long run. Your backlinks should be relevant and if you are not building them in a healthy way you will be noticed and severely penalized. Google especially does not like you to try to fool them. 🙂
Link building is a healthy practice of website to website interaction to link one relevant content to another. If you write well and genuinely help others, you will get backlinks naturally. Avoid black hat techniques at all costs.
Safe and Great Ways to Build High Quality Backlinks
- Do original research. Nothing beats this. If you are the first person to do something, you will have followers.
- Comment on other blogs in your niche. Say your blog is about fashion. Comment genuinely on other blogs about fashion. In your comment signature include your website URL such that it is not unnatural. In many cases you will not get a backlink this way because Google implemented the nofollow feature in the comments section to prevent comment spam.
- Submit articles to Hubpages and Squidoo. These sites are highly popular and gets you good backlinks. If you have good and fresh content, readers will get hooked into your blog automatically.
- Guest posting is great unless it is spammy. When you submit a guest post for another blogger or website, you may include your blog’s URL. That way you get a well deserved backlink.
- Write a book and publish it on Amazon. Avail of this service and publish your ebook. In this case also in the Author’s description mention your website or blog.
- Participate in forums, and embed your website URL in your user signature. That is perfectly justified and natural.
- Do videos on Youtube. The specific links there have very high chance of getting clicked. Also the rank juice is an added plus.
- It is best if .gov or .edu sites link back to you. Google respects these links. They are what Google considers as authority sites.
- Relevant content is important. Having viagra ads pointing to your tech blog will do you more harm than good. You need to check on that from time to time. It’s hard but needs to be done from time to time.
- Get some press exposure. Do something unique, create something great, go viral. This will give you a lot of natural exposure and lots of sites and blogs will link to your site.
- Use the social networking sites properly. Promote your content such that readers benefit. Spamming them and nagging them to visit your site is useless.
- Newsletters are great to keep regular visitors. They help too.
- Give things out for free. Open source and free content helps the community. Some of that people will link back to you.
- Most importantly – write great and unique content. If you do that, you can as well sit back and watch. People will link back to you. You just need to give it time.
Also check this video of Matt Cutts as he speak about how to build high quality backlinks to your website or blog organically.
If you follow these basic tips, you can be rest assured that you are well on your way to build high quality backlinks to your website. With time you will be rewarded.
If you liked this article, please share it too!