How to Engage with Readers?
Successful blogging is all about building and milking a niche and to engage with readers of your blog. The more you engage with readers more will they flock to your site. They may come for advice, appreciation, criticism, questions, doubts and what not. This in turn increases your page views. Besides if you build a strong rapport with your readers you can be rest assured that they will recommend your website to their friends or colleagues. This way you enlarge your readership base.
How do I Engage with Readers?
With the advent of social media you need not be a commenting wizard or a forum maestro. All you need is to be visible on some popular platforms and be active there. There are plenty of ways to engage with readers. They are,
• Podcast – This is one of the coolest ways to engage with readers. True there is no way for them to directly interact, but you open a new channel of communication.
• Do Hangouts – Google Hangouts is one of the best ways to directly interact with up-to 10 or 15 people in a live video chat. This way you can both engage with readers, and know their feedback without all the moderating of written communication.
• Be on Social Networks – Create a page on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter at least. Having a MySpace page is good too. You don’t need to create pages everywhere, just the top 3 or 4 should do fine. Share your stories, pictures, and anything else that shows you are also human, just like your readers. Possibly the simplest way to engage with your readers without being invasive.
• Write in Forums – Write in Forums and contribute to the community. Help others solve problems and make readers your die-hard fans. Help is always rewarded. Also don’t expect anything in return. Know for sure you will get something. Even goodwill counts a lot.
• Yahoo Answers – A tool in existence for a very long time, yet almost unused by Web Developers. This is a perfect tool to solve other people’s problems. You will find your target niche. Go there and write answers to others’ problems. Besides getting points for doing so you will most certainly get a good number of avid followers.
• Make a Meme – If you can design well and have a good imagination, create something that can catch other’s imagination, or make others laugh. In today’s life if you are able to let someone let off some steam, you can be a winner.
These are the best and the most popular ways to engage with readers and boost the SEO score of your website or blog. If you have any other suggestions please drop them in the comments below.
Hope you liked reading this article as much as I liked writing it. Please share with your friends too.